2023 Olio Nuovo 250ml
These estate olives were harvested and delivered immediately to our world-class Alpha Laval mill. Olio Nuovo is bottled directly after milling, while most new harvest oils are “settled” for several weeks before bottling. Fresh, bright and bold, enjoy this oil within a few months after harvest. Generously drizzle over fresh bread, cheese, salads, grilled meats and fish. Ideal as a dipping oil.
Olive Variety: Arbequina
Harvest Date: October 2023
Region: Capay Valley
Grown, Milled and Bottled by: Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation
Color, aromas, and flavor evolve daily as the oil finds its balance. It is the olive oil at its freshest, most aromatic and boldest.
Visually: Emerald green as in the photo the day milled, the oil changes to “olive green” with golden highlights, and it is now more golden and less cloudy as it settles in the bottle.
Aroma: It smells of fresh herbs with aromas of green almonds, tomato leaves and scent of bay leaf.
Taste: Layered with fresh, bright flavors and bold pungency, this oil is herbaceous with pleasant bitterness and a peppery and spicy finish. it will evolve daily
Enjoy Séka Hills Olio Nuovo Immediately and Pour It On!
- Make an appetizer of fresh winter vegetables, stand up in a wine glass, pour it on!
- Toast, pour it on, let it soak in. Save some for soft boiled eggs with fresh herbs.
- Fresh cheeses, ricotta, mozzarella, burrata, and cottage cheese never tasted so good.
- Simplify dinners with baked potatoes or mashed potatoes, pass around the olio nuovo, fresh chives, and parsley, flaked salt and fresh ground pepper. No need for butter.
- Drizzle over steamed, boiled or roasted baby potatoes and winter vegetables
- Make salads of chicories and Fuyu persimmons, sliced fennel, and pomegranate arils, drizzle on the new oil! Pears work too.
- Top winter stews and soups with a healthy pour of olio nuovo.
- Drizzle over grilled salmon and swordfish.
- Our miller suggests it with brown rice and also drizzled on flatbreads with arugula.
- Try white beans with thinly sliced roast beef, olio nuovo brings it all together.
- For a delicious snack, pour over popcorn with your favorite herbs.
- Try it on gelato or ice milk, it is transcending!
- Right in season, try it drizzled over fresh oranges with a sprinkling of cinnamon.